About FORT PAYNE Celebrate Recovery
Ministry Founded: September 2010
Ministry Ended: September 2017
Celebrate Recovery was Founded in 1990
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered '12 Step' ministry based on biblical principles. Its mission is to help people
allow God to work through them and heal them.
Celebrate Recovery provides a safe place for individuals to begin their journey of breaking out from bondage and moving into
(2 Corinthians 12:9).
It's in the security of this grace that they can start dealing with lifeís hurts, habits, and hang-ups.
- This experience allows people to be transformed spiritually by learning about and trusting in sound biblical principles.
- Participants open the door by sharing their experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another.
- Through this process, they become willing to accept Godís loving grace and forgiveness as they face lifeís struggles.
Worship is a major strength of Celebrate Recovery and a key difference between this Christ-centered and secular recovery
- Worship offers an opportunity to put aside the hassles of the world and get in touch with the true Higher Power, Jesus
- It allows time for the power of the Holy Spirit to fill participants with the peace and security that only He can provide.
What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program that helps us trust God to overcome our hurts, habits and hang-ups.
Celebrate Recovery provides a powerful ministry opportunity for outreach to hurting people.
- It's based on the actual words of Christ rather than relying on psychological theory.
- It shows them the loving power of Jesus Christ throughout their recovery process.
- Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery more than 20 years ago with only 43 people.
- Since then, Celebrate Recovery has helped more than 17,000 people at Saddleback.
- Celebrate Recovery is now ministering in over 20,000 churches worldwide!
- Saddleback's Celebrate Recovery group has attracted over 70% of its members from outside the church.
- Eighty-five percent of the people who go through the Celebrate Recovery program stay in the church.
- Nearly half of Celebrate Recovery graduates go on to serve as church volunteers.
Is Celebrate Recovery for me?
Celebrate Recovery offers people the opportunity to participate in a group fellowship where love and hope combine with
Godís purpose to mend our lives.
Ask yourself these questions:
If you answered "yes" to any of these statements then we urge you to attend a Celebrate Recovery meeting and see for
yourself if it's the right program for you.
- Are there things in my life that I do that hurt others?
- Is there something I wish I could live without?
- Is it time to crack my denial and admit I'm not in control of my life?
- Do I have a painful habit or hang-up from which I need to be freed?
Is Celebrate Recovery confidential?
Yes, Celebrate Recovery maintains strict confidentiality, promoting an atmosphere of trust that enables healing.
Celebrate Recovery is diligent about confidentiality and anonymity.
It's a safe space where you can take off your 'mask' and be real — without fear.
You are in complete control of when and how much you participate.
What types of issues are dealt with at Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery helps people suffering from a wide variety of life issues:
Addiction (alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, pornography, etc.), co-dependency, perfectionism, low self-esteem, depression,
fear of rejection / abandonment, broken relationships, grief, guilt, resentment, anger, all sorts of abuse,
... and any other damaging hurts, habits, or hang-ups you may be struggling with.
Bottom Line: Celebrate Recovery ministers to hurting people.
And ó since we've all been damaged by ourselves and this cruel world ó that's essentially everyone.